Thursday, May 23, 2024

The Dead Do Not Rest Easy

 Welcome to Portcullis, a home for all my hobby thoughts, miniature painting, and homebrew creations. I've wanted to return to the era of hobby blogs for a while and felt like now was the right time. Instagram has been a fantastic tool for meeting hobbyists with similar interests and seeing some inspirational models, but it is horrible for conveying the non-visual and thoughts that can't be summarized in one or two sentences. Beyond its shortcomings as a tool, I am interested in reducing my time engaging with social media.  Follower counts, likes and shares, and the quest for better engagement do not interest me and I could feel their tentacles taking hold in my brain.

Here, I will feature some of my previous hobby projects along with what I am currently working on in the worlds of RPGs and miniature wargaming. I have been collecting miniatures and building wargaming scenery for about 20 years. I took a long break from the hobby and sold much of what I had as I finished grad school, but I am slowly building my collection once more. I have warbands for Mordheim and other similar skirmish games, Necromunda '95, Flames of Orion, and I am in the process of expanding an Undead army for OPR's Age of Fantasy: Regiments and Warhammer: The Old World. I have been playing tabletop RPGs for a similar amount of time and run DCC and Shadowdark games regularly. I am lucky enough to have a great gaming group filled with creative and passionate people, so I am sure I will be playing plenty of other games, too.

I have a good number of projects in the pipeline, so the good stuff you're here for is on its way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment